Varieties and Breeding
1. Variety Types
2. Files and Downloads Accepted Seed Acres
3. General Information
- Agricultural Research Service: USDA: Project research
- Bayer CropScience, USA.
- British Potato Council
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency: List of potato varieties registered in Canada
- Canadian Potato Research Network
- Canadian Potato Varieties
- Colorado Variety Profiles: Norkotah clones 3 and 8, Cherry Red, Legend
- Extreme Makeover: Potato Edition
- European Cultivated Potato Database
- Food Safety Network, The: broad based info on food safety, gm crops, etc.
- National Sustainable Agricultural Info Service - Resource Guide to Organic & Sustainable Vegetable Production
- Foundation Seed Variety List (Wisc Seed Potato Certification Program)
- Fredericton Research Centre (NB, CAN): links to other research sites, varieties, Canadian clone bank
- Genetic-ID, Inc: screens for detecting illegal genetically modified varieties in foods, etc.
- Green Potato Heirloom potatoes (Garden Web info sheet)
- HZPC: your seed potato partner for North America
- International Potato Center: Known worldwide by its Spanish acronym, CIP.
- Irish Eyes Garden Seeds: dozens of gourmet varieties; organic production recommendations for potatoes, garlic, etc
- Johnny's Selected Seeds: check catalog for old, heirloom potato varieties for home garden & commercial use
- Kenosha Potato Collection Catalog: (part of Kenosha Potato Project)
- Les Buissons Research Center: Genetic Improvement of Potatoes
- Minnesota Area II Potato Res. & Promo Council
- Mountain Valley Produce, LLC: descriptions and seed of many specialty varieties
- Morphological descriptors for DUS testing of potato varieties
- Ohio Potato Production Guide
- Oregon Potato Variety Database: interactive database for most advanced western U.S. selections
- Oregon Seed Certification Service (Varieties)
- Potato Capital of the World Offers Up New Recipe for Securing Rights [Peru]
- Potato Cultural Guide (Cornell)
- Potato Garden: (merge of Ronniger Potato Farm LL & Milk Ranch Specialty Potatoes LLC)
- Potatoes New Zealand
- Potato Varieties, Canadian Registry: text, images for all varieties registered in Canada, home garden and commercial
<Back to Top>
- Potato Varieties, Dutch-German Potato Collection
- Potato Varieties, Great Britain (Top 10)
- Potato Variety Management Institute
- Potato Varieties, List of (WSU): a huge alphabetical list
- Potato Variety Descriptions, France: hundreds of images and descriptions in both English and French; comprehensive site
- Potato Varieties (Michigan): the MSU breeding program website
- Potato Variety Descriptions ("Irish Eyes"): seed source for many gourmet, heirloom varieties; fresh market
- Potato Variety Descriptions (Netherlands):
POTATO EXPLORER...discover the most important factors which influence the production and development of the potato crop: production, seed, varieties, diseases, storage, markets.
- Potato Variety Descriptions (NDSU):- North Dakota breeding program
- Potato Variety Descriptions (Oregon/PNW): text, images and links for western U.S., many other varieties
- Potato Variety Descriptions (Poland): most European and North American varieties
- Potato Varieties Grown in California
- Seed Acres, U.S.: listed by variety by state, etc.
- Seed Acres, Canada: listed by variety by province, etc.
- Solanaceae Images (TAMU): potatoes and related species
- Specialty Potatoes: gourmet, specialty varieties
- SpudSeed.Com: an on-line source for seed potatoes
- Sta Laboratories, Inc.
- Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc.
- University of Idaho Potato Page
- UPOV System of Plant Variety Protection
- U.S. Potato Genebank: a source for wild species and exotic germplasm
- U.S. Potato Herbarium
- Variety Database, S.A.S.A. (Scotland): over11,000 entries including 5,000 world varieties and breeding lines
- Variety Storage (Kimberly, Idaho): excellent all-purpose storage info
- Washington State University-Potato Research Group
- The Way Potatoes Go..an American View
- Western Potatoes - Australia's feel good food
<Back to Top>
4. Plant Variety Protection
- Canadian Food Insp Agency [CFIA] (Auto Import Reference System) [AIRS]
- Data.gov Program Management Office
- Growing & Breeding Organic Crops & Seeds
- National Center for Seeds and Seedlings (Hokkaido, Japan)
- Plant Genetics Resources Newsletter [Morphological descriptors for DUS testing of potato varieties,
Issue No.154, page 40 to 47]
- Plant Patents Search
- Plant Patents, General Info. U.S.
- Plant Patents, International Info.: World Intellectual Property Organization, WIPO
- Plant Variety Protection Act, Colorado State Univ
- Plant Variety Protection Library (The Phillipines)
- Plant Variety Protection (PVP) Office, U.S.
- Plant Variety Protection, U.S.:- general procedures
- Plant Variety Protection, U.S. -- Potatoes: direct link to potato lists
- Plant Variety Protection, Canada
- Technology Transfer (Universities): Assoc of Univ Technology Managers, AUTM
- U.S. Patent Office
- USDA & U.S. Fruit and Vegetable Market: The Fresh Products Branch develops U.S. grade standards and provides grading, inspection and certification services throughout the country.
5. Potato Breeding
<Back to Top>